If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Basic Pancakes, fluffy and light but its the maple syrup that is the star. I like to mix Lyle's golden syrup with Grade B maple syrup, add butter and bourbon and serve hot over the pancakes. —sdebrango
Makes 10 (approximately) large pancakes
- 2 cups grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup lyles golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (or whatever you want to use or omit)
- In medium saucepan add all the ingredients, heat on med heat until butter melts then turn to low and let sit until pancakes are done.
- 2 large eggs separated
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup add the milk, egg yolks and vegetable oil whisk to combine.
- To large mixing bowl add flour, salt, baking powder and whisk. Beat your egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Add the wet ingredients to dry, stir to combine then fold in the egg whites. Heat non stick pan until a drop of water dances on the surface, oil or spray with non stick cooking spray. Ladle some batter into the pan (you know so they look like pancakes) flip with spatula when you notice bubbles start to form.
- Serve with a pat of butter on top, pour the hot syrup over them and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.