If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is deeply seasonal and extremly conforting. It is perfect for a holiday/weekend brunch or breakfast. Hazelnuts and pumkin are just lovely together but almonds or walnuts would work fine, too. I call for good parmigiano here, but feel free to play with other hard cheeses with a decisive flavor. —Valeria Necchio
- 8 slices of brioche bread or challah
- 1/2 kabocha squash, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece of parmigiano reggiano, shredded
- 1 handful of fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 and bake squash with 1 T olive oil, salt and rosemary until crispy, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine remaining olive oil and hazelnuts.
- Toast brioche.
- Assemble sandwiches by dividing pumpkin chips, parmigiano cheese and hazelnut olive oil on 4 toasted brioche slices. Cover with the other 4 slices and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.