If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This spelt kefir pancakes are quite light and wholesome. Kefir is a super-food that makes these pancakes dense and nourishing. Use buttermilk or yogurt if you don't have kefir, and feel free to play with whaterver flour you have on hand. - Valeria Necchio
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 cups kefir
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- butter for the pan
- 1 cup cranberry sauce, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, kefir and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredient on the dry ones, then stir with a spatula until combined.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Melt some butter. (about 2 tsp). When hot and bubbling, pour about 1/4 of a cup of pancake batter. When the surface is bubbling, flip pancake with a spatula. Cook until light brown and cooked through.
- Repeat until batter is finished (it makes about 12 pancakes).
- Serve pancakes immediately, topped with cranberry sauce and maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.