If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A refreshing and easy healthy alternative to ice cream on a hot summer's day. It's best if you use full fat Greek-style yogurt and organic berries. You can also use vanilla yogurt and omit the sugar for a slightly sweeter variation. —Abs
- 1/2 small banana
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (low fat OK)
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Place 12 oz glass in freezer to chill for several minutes. Place all ingredients in a blender except sugar and ice cubes and blend on high speed until uniform in texture. Add sugar, to taste (I often don't need any, depending on the sweetness of the fruit). Add ice cubes, one at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Serve with a small chocolate chip cookie or brownie for a tasty combination.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberry Recipe
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.