If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently bought the Flour Bakery + Cafe's cookbook and I can't wait to try everything in it. The first morning I had the book, I wanted to make the Good Morning Muffins, but I didn't have half the ingredients so I came up with this recipe based very very loosely on it...so I'll say it was inspired by the Good Morning Muffins, but I still need to try Joanne Chang's recipe. This was a great use of the some of the 30 pounds of apples I had in the fridge after apple-picking. - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1.5 apples, peeled and cored, in a small dice
- 1 cup oats, not quick cooking
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Butter 2 muffin pans or line with muffin/cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the eggs and sugar together in a mixer for a couple minutes, until light and airy. Add the oil slowly and the vanilla extract while whipping with the mixer.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl (except the apple). Add to the wet ingredients and fold though until combined. Add in the apple and combine.
- Pour into the buttered pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II