If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for an alternative to that heavy pumpkin pie? Pumpkin Coconut Pudding is just familiar enough to get past the traditionalists in the group, but different enough to cause a stir. Using coconut milk means that the pudding (without the whipped cream) is actually vegan, so you can safely serve to a mixed crowd including those lactose and gluten intolerant folks who seem to be cropping up in every family. - My Pantry Shelf
- 1- 14 ounce can coconut milk (not light)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- whipped cream, slightly sweetened
- crystallized ginger, minced
- gingersnap crumbs
- In a bowl or pint-sized mason jar with lid, add 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, and cornstarch. Whisk thoroughly, or shake if using a jar, until the mixture is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the remainder of the coconut milk into a small saucepan. Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, and salt to the saucepan and whisk to until smooth. Stir over medium heat, until mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low. Add the coconut milk and spice mixture. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens. Spoon into a serving bowl or individual dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Top pudding with whipped cream, crystallized ginger, and gingersnap crumbs. Serve.