If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If I had to pick one single recipe that I have made the most, it would be these buttermilk pancakes. Beginning with a couple of pregnancies that left me craving carbs, these pancakes made their way into our weekly menu. The batter is very thick, but they rise beautifully on the griddle creating crispy edges and pillowy insides. The buttermilk adds a delicious tang. Feel free to add some berries or bananas if you are so inclined. I also have good success subbing one cup of flour for whole wheat flour and increasing the buttermilk by 2 tablespoons. My family really loves these pancakes.
- My Pantry Shelf
Serves 4 generously
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Eggs, gently beaten
- 2 cups Plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- berries or banana slices (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to blend. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs lightly. Add buttermilk to eggs and blend. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Stir gently until just barely mixed. Pour in melted butter. Stir gently until just mixed. Batter will be thick and may still be lumpy, but that is OK. Do not over mix or you will end up with tough pancakes.
- Heat a griddle on medium until a water droplet skids across the surface. Grease pan with bacon fat (my favorite) or vegetable oil. Ladle batter onto griddle. Add berries or bananas to each pancake individually (optional, but recommended). Flip pancakes once bottom is nicely browned. Cook until center of pancake is fully cooked. Serve with butter, jam, or syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls