If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love stuffing- in a turkey, layered on a roulade or rolled into balls with spaghetti..................... - Kitchen Butterfly
Serves makes enough to stuff a 16pound turkey)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 4-6 Chopped Sage leaves or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 an Onion, chopped
- 50g Carrots, finely chopped
- 440g Sausage meat
- 100g Chestnuts (roasted or boiled)
- 150g Crustless bread soaked
- 200ml milk
- Optional: chilli flakes, black pepper
- Heat butter on low heat with a bit of salt till brown and fragrant.
- Add sage leaves/dried sage and let fry for a minute
- Add chopped onions and carrots and let cook till softened, about 2-3 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Soak the bread in milk and squeeze out extra milk when the bread is softened
- Add sausage meat, 'milked bread' and chopped chestnuts to the chopped onion and carrots. Stir well.
- Season with chilli flakes and/or black pepper as desired
- Use to stuff a turkey, layer on a butterflied turkey or form into balls.
- If making stuffing balls, form using a tablespoon and place on a baking pan. Bake at 180 degree centigrade in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing
As the Romans "Stew"
A rustic mix of seasonal vegetables
An Italian Spring Stew.
DIY Tabletop Garden
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Eat Bagels for Lunch