Author Notes: Can be made a week or more in advance and stored in refrigerator. Freezes wonderfully and keeps a long time.
Wonderful with turkey, pork, spread on pate (especially a country pate), and on sandwiches. - ellenl
Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled pears
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped prunes
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- Combine all in large pot. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, till comes to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, more toward end until the fruit is tender and the chutney is the consistency of a salsa, about 35 mins. Add more water if necessary. Cool and store.