If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my mother-in-law's gravy recipe, served every Thanksgiving. It is what makes the meal, in my opinion! I love gravy and I love mushrooms so the combo couldn't be better. If there was one thing I ever wanted her to teach me, it was this recipe! *This recipe follows for a 12 pound turkey roasted. If your turkey is larger, you will need to adjust the water & cornstarch ratios accordingly. - AllisonP
Makes approx. 2 cups of gravy
- pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup cold water, divided into halfs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sautee your mushrooms in butter and olive oil
- Pour the pan drippings and your sauteed mushrooms into a 3 qt sauce pot. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to keep it at a very gentle boil.
- Mix your cornstarch with the other half cup of cold water, then add to the sauce pan, stirring constantly. Cook for approx 5 minutes under gentle boil until you get a nice, gravy consistency.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls