Author Notes: This is my mother-in-law's gravy recipe, served every Thanksgiving. It is what makes the meal, in my opinion! I love gravy and I love mushrooms so the combo couldn't be better. If there was one thing I ever wanted her to teach me, it was this recipe! *This recipe follows for a 12 pound turkey roasted. If your turkey is larger, you will need to adjust the water & cornstarch ratios accordingly. - AllisonP
Makes approx. 2 cups of gravy
- pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup cold water, divided into halfs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sautee your mushrooms in butter and olive oil
- Pour the pan drippings and your sauteed mushrooms into a 3 qt sauce pot. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to keep it at a very gentle boil.
- Mix your cornstarch with the other half cup of cold water, then add to the sauce pan, stirring constantly. Cook for approx 5 minutes under gentle boil until you get a nice, gravy consistency.