If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sour cream makes it the most moist coffee cake you will ever have. The crunchy streusel with the tart cherries and the moist cake is such a perfect combination. I have made it with walnuts and raisins or currants, but this is my favorite combination. It takes just a few minutes to put together and can be made the night before.
I have literally thrown a brunch simply to have an excuse to make this coffee cake- I can't be trusted to have leftovers. - delish1
- 1 1/4 cups Coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups Light brown sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened powdered cocoa
- 6 tablespoons dried cherries
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 12-cup Bundt pan
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in large bowl until blended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients and sour cream alternately into butter mixture in 3 additions. Beat batter on high 1 minute.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Spoon 1/3 of batter over. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Spoon remaining batter over.
- Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Turn cake out onto rack and cool 1 hour. Transfer to platter.
- Whisk powdered sugar and milk in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Wrap in foil and let stand at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls