If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving yesterday and "stole" a quarter cup of it to make these little palmiers to greet son Matt who came in from San Francisco this morning on the red eye. Not too sweet and great with a cup of coffee.... I've included my simple cranberry sauce here, but use your favorite if you like. - inpatskitchen
My cranberry sauce
- 2 12 ounce bags of fresh cranberries, sorted and rinsed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Juice of one orange
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 cup water
- Throw everything in a medium sauce pan, bring up to the boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and berries break up a little. Cool.
For the palmiers
- 1 sheet puff pastry from a 17.3 ounce package
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of the cranberry sauce, large berries smashed up a little
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- On your work surface evenly sprinkle the sugar over about the size of your sheet of pastry. Lay the pastry over and roll it out to about 10 x 12 inches.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the pastry and then spread the cranberry sauce over the cream cheese.
- With the short side of the rectangle closest to you, fold the pastry up to the middle of the sheet. Do the same with the top half.
- Loosely cover and refrigerate the roll for at least 30 minutes to firm it up.
- When ready to bake, trim the ends of the roll and then cut the roll into 10 even pieces. Place the pieces cut side down on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush a little egg wash on each piece.
- Bake in a pre heated 425F oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II