If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been testing various cranberry sauce recipes every Thanksgiving for the past several years and this is by far the best. The figs and balsamic vinegar complement the tartness of the cranberries and the hint of rosemary adds a festive flavor for the holidays. - SooK
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 bag (12oz.) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, 3 inch long
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat, add onions and cook until softened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, stirring occasionally until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Discard rosemary. Cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce
Butter, Butter, Repeat
Puff pastry: No pain, all the gain.
Puff Pastry Primer
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Recipe of the Day
All the spring pastabilities.
That was a close shave.