If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple and delicious version of spiced pear butter made in a crockpot. It’s delicious on toast, in plain yogurt, and anywhere else you’d use a fruit sauce or butter. —WinnieAb
Makes 1 pint
- 4 pounds pears (I used the bosc variety)
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 pint size glass "mason" jar with screw top lid
- Place pears, crystallized ginger, and brown sugar in crockpot. Turn heat to high and cook for about 2 hours.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 more hours, stirring every now and then. The mixture will thicken as it cooks, and it will keep getting darker the longer you cook it.
- When it has finished cooking, allow to cool completely before passing through a food mill to remove the skins and what remains of the ginger. Pour your pear sauce into a 1 pint glass jar and store in the refrigerator to enjoy over the next few weeks.
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.