If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for a super simple appetizer that will impress your guests? This one answers the call. My step Mom asked me to assemble these for our Christmas gathering a few years ago. Now I make them every time I want to feel festive!
When buying smoked salmon, avoid those with flavorings (peppered, dill, or otherwise) and look for those made in Iceland, Norway, or Canada. A good quality smoked salmon does not require much adornment. - midnitechef
Serves scalable to size of party, make 3 per guest (minimum)
- smoked salmon
- low-fat cream cheese
- bread (rye, multi-grain, pumpernickel)
- fresh lemon juice (optional)
- The bread can be any type, grain, or size you like. Pictured above is my home-made focaccia split open and cut to size. You can do the same with a loaf of dark multigrain bread, slice then divide each slice into thirds or quarters. Go fancy and trim the crusts. Toast the bread briefly under the broiler to give it structure.
- The rest is a breeze. Put the cream cheese on the toasted bread, lay a piece of salmon or two on top, then garnish with capers.
- I find lemon juice over powers the flavors going on here. Add a spritz if you desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.