If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love homemade ice cream and enjoy playing around with somewhat untraditional ice cream ingredients. Some work and some don't- pumpkin and ricotta definitely do. This is very simple to make- blend the ingredients up, pour into your ice cream maker and 30 minutes later, you've got a delicious ice cream perfect for the fall. I'm betting it'll make a great whipped cream alternative for pumpkin pie and I'm planning to make it as one of my Thanksgiving desserts... - WinnieAb
Serves 2 quarts
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar in the raw (or Turbinado sugar or regular sugar)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a high speed blender or large capacity food processor, process all the ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust spices, if necessary.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours, if possible, and them pour into your ice cream maker. Freeze according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- The ice cream will be finished, though on the soft side, after 30-40 minutes; you can enjoy it like this, or for a firmer consistency, transfer to a container and store overnight in the freezer before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert