If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While these may not be an actual "one-bite" appetizer, I guarantee you will take one bite, put it down and groan with delight! these produce a wonderful sensation on the tongue because they hit the sweet-salty-spicy-and meaty taste buds! The mayo has a "brightness" to it because of the lemongrass and the broccoli slaw adds a delighful crunch. - lorigoldsby
- 2 pounds fresh, lean hamburger
- 12 slider buns or hawaiian mini rolls
- 6 pieces of thick hardwood smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (sambal oelek) divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons wasabi (divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass
- 1/4 cup mayo (divided)
- 1 package of brocoli slaw
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave or sugar (optional)
- Cook bacon on paper towels in microwave for 3 minutes. (Bacon will not be brown). Pat dry bacon, transfer to a wire rack placed on top of a baking tray.
- Mix 2 T. of brown sugar and 2 T. of chili paste. Spread over the bacon. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Divide beef into 12 burgers. cook til desired doneness--we like a slight pink. Drain burgers on paper towels. You want the meat to be moist on the inside but "dry" on the outside
- To make the mayo: combine 2 T. of mayo with 1 t. wasabi and 1 t. lemongrass
- To make the slaw: into the remaining mayo add the rice wine vinegar and remaining chili paste, toss the broccoli slaw. Season with salt and pepper and add agave or sugar if you desire a sweeter slaw. The brown sugar bacon provides a sweet taste--so this is purely personal taste. This slaw is excellent with pork bbq or chicken as well.
- To assemble the burgers: spread a little of the mayo on the bottom, then top with the burger and bacon and then top with a scant T. of the slaw. Don't go overboard with the slaw--you want to be able to eat this without falling apart. I put the slaw on top (while most would put it on the bottom...) because the top bun is uaually bigger and it can "absorb" more of the liquid. Spread a little of the mayo on the top bun as well. For picture taking purposes, i put the slaw on the bottom so you could see the bacon.
- Mouth waters, drool, wipe chin, repeat. To get a true "one bite" size, you can cut each slider into quarters and secure with a toothpick. If you do this, break each bacon strip into large one- bite sized pieces so that each quarter has a decent sized piece of bacon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!