Author Notes: Little bundles are chicken are tied up with kitchen twine and stuffed with a fresh herb and savory goat cheese mixture. The combination of shallots and vidalia onions add a hint of sweetness while a reduced white wine sauce finishes the dish.
http://cheesepleasebyjess.blogspot.com/2011/12/bundled-chicken-with-goat-cheese-and.html - CheesePlease
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots and vidalia onions (About 4 large shallots and 1/2 vidalia onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (Cut them in half lengthwise and pound them out to make 4 pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to pan; cook 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat, and cook another 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly. Combine onion mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheese, parsley, milk, and thyme in a small bowl, stirring with a fork.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, and pound out until thin. Place a spoonful of goat cheese mixture in the middle of each chicken piece. Roll up and secure with kitchen twine. (I use twine a lot in the kitchen, but it definitely takes some practice!!!) Sprinkle chicken bundles evenly with salt and pepper.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan and sauté for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and cover. Reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan and let stand 10 minutes. Add wine to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until reduced by half (about 2 minutes). Add broth, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 9 minutes). Serve with chicken. Enjoy!