Author Notes: I got this recipe from an ex boyfriend's mother back when I was 19 or 20... And while my cooking has improved a lot since then, this recipe remains as easy and as awesome as ever. TWO INGREDIENTS! Fill mushroom caps with Boursin cheese (like a drug to me -- I can't stop eating it once I start), and then bake them until the cheese is puffy and browned and the mushroooms have softened. All of about 3 minutes of prep time, and 20 minutes of baking time, and you'll have a one bite appetizer that everyone unfailingly loves. They would be embarassingly easy, but I'm not easily embarassed. - fearlessem
- 5 ounces Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese
- 1 pound Cremini or Button Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 375 or 400. Spray a baking tray or dish lightly with oil, or line with foil and spray that.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms -- a box of Boursin will fill slightly over a pound of mushrooms, depending on their size. Use your fingers or a butter knife to fill the mushroom caps with the cheese.
- Bake for 20-ish minutes, until the tops are starting to brown. Thats it! Then just try to avoid eating these all yourself in the kitchen. They can be baked ahead and then heated up gently in the microwave too (in case you want to bring them to a party, or there's no room in the oven later)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack