Author Notes: This is my take on jalapeno wonton poppers, the recipe you see all over the internet where cheese is combined with jalapeno peppers, wrapped in a wonton wrapper, fried and dipped in a sauce. I put the sauce right in and form into a mini egg roll making for a nice little sweet and spicy bite (or two). - inpatskitchen
Makes 20 to 25 sweet hots
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely diced
- 20 to 25 square wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for pan frying
- Thoroughly combine the cream cheese, chili sauce, sugar and diced jalapeno.
- Place a wonton wrapper in front of you with a pointed end facing you. Place a teaspoon of the filling on the bottom third of the wrapper.
- With clean hands, wet the edges of the wrapper with a little water. Fold that bottom corner over the filling, fold in the sides. The wrapper will look like a tiny envelope. Roll from the bottom away from you, forming a little egg roll. Make sure all edges are well sealed. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a medium frying pan to go up about an inch. Place a few of the rolls in the oil and fry about 20 to 30 seconds on each side until golden. Don't overcrowd the pan. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack