If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my Mom's recipe for the perfect way to serve crab meat. It is best with jumbo lump blue crab (I am from Maryland), but I have made it with great success using dungeness crab too (i now live in Oregon). —kirby
- 1 pound Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 Mayonnaise
- 2-4 tablespoons capers
- 8-10 finely chopped scallions (white and light green parts only)
- lemon juice to taste
- tabasco to taste
- 2-3 Seedless Cucumbers
- Mix ingredients for the sauce first. Taste and adjust to your preference. (The scallion flavor will intensify over time. and it should be a little tarter and hotter than you want as the crab will dilute these flavors) Make the sauce either the day before or the morning of serving so that the flavors have a chance to come out.)
- The next day or later in the day, rinse and dry the crab meat and sprinkle with a little lemon juice.. Carefully fold the dressing into the crab meat and fold lightly in order to keep the lumps mostly intact.
- Taste, Add more dressing ingredients as needed. --it might need more lemon or pepper sauce.
- Chill for a few hours after mixed together.
- Peel the cucumber and slice into 3/4 in. rounds. Scoop out the flesh creating a cup for the crab meat stuffing. And place a spoonful of crab in each cup.
- Also great stuffed in tomatoes or served with thin crisp crackers or slices of French bread lightly toasted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.