If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I try anything once before I say, "I don't like it." How else would you know? Frog legs are ones that I'm glad I tried. My mother cooked them in a curry sauce when I was about 12 years old. Now I do these like batter-fried fish. Don't fret. They tastes just like chicken, just juicier. Who doesn't like fried food, anyways? —DinnerDiva PGH
Battered Frog Legs
- 1 quart fry oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup prosecco
- 12 ounces flour (by weight)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 20 pieces separated small frog legs
- 1 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
Tangy Sweet Garlic-Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 365 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk beaten eggs and sparkling wine together.
- Set aside 4 ounces of flour; mix remaining flour with baking powder, salt and white pepper in a medium bowl.
- Incorporate seasoned flour mix with wet ingredients in large bowl until lumps are gone.
- Pour seasoned rice vinegar over individual frog legs arranged in a single layer on the bottom of a non-reactive baking pan or dish. Let sit for 8 minutes.
- To make the sauce, set aside two tablespoons sliced scallions; mix all remaining components in a small bowl.
- When oil reaches to set temperature, drain frog legs.
- Using a pair of tongs, pick up a frog leg from the skinny end. Lightly coat with flour reserved earlier; dip in batter; and fry in oil. Repeat this step until no more than 10 frog legs are in fryer at one time.
- Remove frog legs, most likely in the order they went into fryer, after about 2-3 minutes of cooking or when they float to the surface and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Place on paper towel.
- Applying the previous two steps, finish preparing the rest of the frog legs,
- Place fried frog legs on a serving plate or platter; pour sauce over. Garnish with sliced scallions reserved earlier.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.