If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok, I'm in a mood to make curry again.In cold winters growing-up I remember having all these Chicken and Mutton dishes with Rotis.All the spice and the heat made it extra special and comforting for all of us.Some people find curry quite complicated.Curry doesn't have to be complicated or intimidating.Its something that has to be relished, to be savored and to be enjoyed.The recipe I have written here promises exactly that.
It is a baked recipe without all the effort to make you enjoy a curry in a far easier and quicker way than the traditional method without compromising any of that delectable taste.The flavors combine beautifully in the oven, while you can sit back and enjoy a glass of wine or any drink that you prefer.The only process that needs to be taken care of is the browning of the onions.That can take a few minutes, but makes all the difference in a good curry.So here its is, my Easy Indian Chicken Curry.
- 6 pieces Skinless Thighs with/without bones or Breasts
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli powder/cayenne (or according to your heat preference)
- 1 tablespoon Salt (or to your taste)
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup Water
- Preaheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a skillet heat oil and add the onions.Cook until golden brown. Then add the Ginger garlic paste.Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the tomatoes. Follow with salt and all the dry spices and cook about 5 minutes until the spices release their aroma (about 5-10 minutes on medium heat). You have the basic curry masala ready.
- Now puree the mixture in a blender/grinder.Transfer into an oven proof dish and add the chicken pieces.Mix them properly. Add water and bake them covered in the oven for about 35-40 mins until all the chicken is fully cooked.Boneless pieces will take shorter time.Adjust the seasonings. Enjoy with Rice or Rotis/Naans!
Throw an Intimate Party for 30—Really!
A behind-the-scenes look at our genius dinner
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
13 essential cooking apps.
We've got the summer blues.
Paint your kitchen in one day.
A better basket.