If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My great great grandmother, Dodee, made these cookies every Christmas. The holiday isn’t right until these emerge golden from the oven, topped with their shining maraschino jewels. Here's my gluten-free version. You can also make them with vegan butter, though their edges will be feathery instead of smooth. - beyondcelery
- 1/2 cup real or vegan butter
- 85 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams sweet rice flour
- 45 grams amaranth flour
- 55 grams tapioca starch
- Maraschino cherries, or pecans, or other fruit or nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in flours until dough forms and everything is well-mixed. Scoop out about 1 tsp of dough at a time and roll it into balls. Arrange on cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Press a fork into each ball just once, then top with either a pecan piece or half a cherry.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes, until cookies are golden and just beginning to brown on the edges. Cool at least 5 minutes before removing from sheet. Cookies will be soft when just baked, but will become crunchy as they cool. Cookies with cherries will turn soft again the next day. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
Home & design links we love.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.