If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created a little "mix+match formula" for making a hot breakfast formula: whole grains + liquid + chopped toasted nuts/seed + dried fruit + spices + a little sweetener. This morning it's cold out so I had a hankering for warm spicy ginger oatmeal and toasted hazelnuts. So worth it. - HeatherPierceG
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk or light coconut milk
- Toast and chop hazelnuts. In a baking sheet, lay hazelnuts in toaster oven and toast for 2-3 minutes, until skins begin to blister and hazelnuts become a light golden brown. Or toast in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Wrap in a clean, dry kitchen towel and rub hazelnuts until all skins fall off. Roughly chop skinned hazelnuts.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and oats to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add ginger, chia seeds, coconut, hazelnuts, and maple syrup. Cook for about 5 minutes until thick and creamy. Add almond milk and stir for about a minute, until heated through.
- Serve, and top with a bit more chopped hazelnuts and coconut for garnish. Enjoy!
La Dolce Vita
A sweet bite for a sweet life.
Italian Breakfast Buns
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Cereal = Dessert
The Daily Grind
Recipe of the Day