Author Notes: This is a quick and easy Pate recipe that everyone seems to enjoy. - SLD
- 3/4 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound liverwurst
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 loaf french bread
- Cook onion and garlic in the butter until tender.
- Reduce the heat, carefully add the brandy and simmer uncovered for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender or food processor. Add the liverwurst, salt, pepper and pumpkin pie spice. Blend or process mixture until smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Allow pate to stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Serve with french bread.