If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The idea for my recipe came about on a whim. I was actually on a trip to DC and met up with my good friend and former coworker, Sarah. At lunch, I had a Thai chicken salad with this lovely peanut dressing. When I came back home, I found a container of freshly ground peanut butter. Immediately, I was inspired to recreate that salad – but to replace the chicken with some of my homemade Canadian bacon. The salad was an amazing combination of flavors and textures – the crunch cabbage and peanuts, the creamy dressing, the succulent pork, and freshness from the herbal mint and chives. It was a great dinner. —VivekS
The peanut dressing
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup freshly ground peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bunch freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, basil)
- 1 cup homemade Canadian bacon (brined, smoked pork loin)
- Combine the vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, peanut butter, and honey in a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly stream in the olive oil and whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Toss with enough dressing to just barely coat everything. Serve on a plate with some more of the peanut dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge