If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here in Florida December is the start of grill season, and while the rest of the country is digging out from a pre-Christmas snow storm we are firing up the grill and lounging on the patio. Today’s trip to Costco yielded about two pounds of gorgeous tiger prawns and reason to get grilling. I served the shrimp with nice a green salad and grilled asparagus as a main dish but they could easily dress up a plate of rice, couscous or any other grain. And they are always a huge hit as an appetizer at any cocktail party. Enjoy!! - Mlc1977
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1.5 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Adobo Season Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1.5-2 pounds medium to large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Mix all the ingredients but the shrimp together in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate for as long as you like, a few hours or a few days, the longer the better.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp before you marinate them. Do not over marinate them, you will make ceviche. Put the cleaned shrimp in a non-reactive bowl and mix gently with about half to three quarters of the chimichurri you made and refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Remove from fridge and prep for grilling by threading on skewers. If your skewers are wood soak for at least 30 minutes in cold water.
- Heat BBQ grill or grill pan to screaming hot. Be sure to spay grill/grill pan with non-stick spray if needed. Grill shrimp about 3 minutes each side depending on size. Once they start to turn pink they are cooked…nothing worse than over cooked shrimp, so go lightly.
- Remove from skewers and serve with the remaining chimichurri sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice and salt if needed.
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.