If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mom used to stealthily try to make us eat all kinds of healthy things (tofu banana pie, brewer's yeast milkshakes, liver meatloaf) and usually we hated it (sorry Mom!), but these pancakes I still crave! - QueenOfGreen
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 2 tablespoons bran
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk**
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk. Let stand 5 minutes (to allow oats to absorb the buttermilk).
- Brown pancakes in a hot buttered skillet. (They can be a little difficult to flip the first time, but if they break just shmoosh them back together! Don't worry, they'll still form a pancake in the end!)
- Top with your choice: maple syrup, honey, preserves (shown here with blackberry puree).
- NOTES: *Quick or regular both work - regular oats makes for a heavier, chewier pancake, while quick oats soaks in the buttermilk more easily, making it easier to form. **If you haven't any buttermilk, put 2 tsp. white vinegar in a liquid measuring cup, fill with milk to 2/3 cup, let sit 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.