If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most folks think vegetarians are like rabbits ... they love their greens ... well not this lil bunny! In my 13 years of being a veggie i never really morphed into a rabbit. In fact i hate salad, i think lettuce is one of the most pointless vegetables there is ... i mean is it even really a vegetable?!?!? I make this dish when my body tells me hey lil miss thing, you need your veggies! It combines fresh and zingy with warm and hearty to give you the best of both worlds! - amreen
- 2 bags of salad spinach
- 1 red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt n' pepper to taste
- Thoroughly wash and dry the spinach.
- Thinly slice the red onion, bell pepper and portobello mushrooms.
- In a large pot heat up the olive oil. Toss in the red onions and saute for 2 minutes on medium low.
- Add the bell pepper and mushrooms and continue to saute for 5 minutes or until the veggies are almost soft.
- Add the spinach, balsamic vinegar and juice of the orange along with salt n' pepper to taste. Cover and let the greens slowly wilt ... this should take just a few minutes.
- You can serve this by simply placing a large plate on top of the pot and flipping it upside down (though just as a warning this could be slightly hazardous due to the amount of juices flowing) or simply plate it by scooping the spinach onto a plate and topping it with the onion, bell pepper and mushroom mixture. Grate a little bit of the orange peel onto the top for an extra zing ... and nibble away!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.