If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious warm and hearty tomato and tiger shrimp soup for those cold winter days. - A Brown Table
- 1 pound tiger shrimp
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio or dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups dry white bread of any kind
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Bring a pot of water and the salt to a boil and add the whole shrimp. Let them cook till the color changes which should take about 2 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and transfer to chilled ice-cold water to stop the cooking. Once cooled, peel and devein the shrimp and leave only the shell on the tail behind. Discard the rest of the shells.
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot on a medium flame, followed by the shrimp and paprika and sear the shrimp on each side taking care to coat the shrimp with the paprika. This will take about 3 minutes till the shrimp get brown on each side. Remove the shrimp from the pot and keep aside.
- To the same stockpot, add the onions, chili and garlic and cook till softened.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine to deglaze the pot followed by the vegetable stock. Bring the contents to a boil and then reduce the flame to a gentle simmer.
- Rip or chop the bread coarsely into small 1/2 inch cubes. Add the bread and the shrimp to the contents of the stockpot and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Let the soup thicken for about 5 minutes. Add the fresh cilantro/parsley before serving to the soup.
- Serve warm or hot with toasted bread.
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.