If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Go to almost any Italian restaurant around here and you're almost always served a small bowl of marinated room temperature white beans to enjoy with your bread and oil while perusing the menu. Here's my take on it using walnuts and sage to dress the beans. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 cups
- 3 cups cooked cannellini beans (or alternitively 2 15 ounce cans drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces toasted in a 350F oven for 8 minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons torn sage leaves
- 1 clove rough chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to re season if desired
- Cool the walnut pieces after toasting them and then rough chop them and place in the bowl of a mini food processor along with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sage leaves, salt, pepper, walnut oil and water. Process until smooth.
- Combine the beans with the diced red onion and add the dressing. Stir in the chopped parsley and refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors blend. Remove from the fridge and bring the salad up to room temperature. Re season with salt and pepper if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.