If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We cook this in our iron skillet on the grill. It allows the sweet potato to break apart and essentially become like a sweet potato mash without a ton of butter - just a great deal of flavor. You can also do this in the oven starting temp at approximately 450. The iron skillet is critical as it locks in the flavor and adds a great deal of moisture so that the potatoes require little butter/oil. —arik
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Medium Sized Shallot
- 2 Ears of Corn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sage - chopped
- Rosemary and Thyme to taste
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes
- Chop garlic and shallots (or onion), turn on grill (or oven if you prefer).
- Toss garlic, shallot and sweet potatoes in a bowl with olive oil, salt/pepper and herbs, Save 1 tablespoon chopped herbs for very end.
- Place all ingredients into the iron skillet and place skillet on the grill.
- Allow potatoes to cook. After 20-30 minutes, begin to stir the potatoes. They will begin to fall apart and start to become mashed. Allow potatoes to cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Clean corn and remove kernels from ears. Add fresh corn to potato dish - let it cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Season to taste (use leftover herbs).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.