If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are great on their own, as a salad topping, or in cocktails. I love to make a Cranhattan using the brandy liquer the berries soak in. Just replace the sweet vermouth in with the soaking liquid, and garnish with the cranberries. - SideworkEnds
Makes 1 pint
- 1 cup whole fresh canberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup brandy, divided into two 1/4 cup portions
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, sugar, water, and one 1/4 cup of brandy. Simmer until cranberries split open (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add remaining brandy. Allow to cool at least 2 hours before using.
- The cranberries just get better the longer they sit in the syrup, so you can make these 3-5 days in advance. With all the sugar and alcohol in the recipe, these will keep well for about 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. But you’ll eat them before that, for sure.