If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has been a favorite of mine for years. It's the first soup I make in the Fall and last one before spring. It's an old Polish soup but you don't have to be Polish to love it. This is a good soup for a winter day by a fire. It's even better the second and third day. Enjoy. - stevea66
- 8 cups Chicken stock or broth
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 2 Medium Carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cups Potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 5 Large Dill Pickles, grated
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 Egg
- 5 tablespoons Sour Cream, more for serving
- In a large soup pot, combine the chicken stock, bouillon cubes, carrots, potatoes, and celery. Cook for 10 minutes or just until potatoes are soft. Do not over cook.
- When potatoes are done, add the grated dill pickles and cook another 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, wisk milk and flour. Add a small amount of hot broth to temper flour and milk, then add to soup pot and stir well. Bring soup to a boil, stirring often until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg and sour cream together then temper with hot soup. Add tempered mixture to soup and stir till smooth. Do not boil soup but keep warm over low fire. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.