If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is an easy and elegant dish that goes well with meat, poultry and fish. - sweet enough
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- grease the inside of a 9x11 baking dish with the butter and set aside. heat oven to 375 degrees.
- remove the tough outer section of the fennel and its core. thinly slice the bulb. peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
- layer the potatoes in the baking dish, alternating sweet potato, yukon gold and fennel. sprinkle the shallot, thyme and salt and pepper with every layer. pour cream over the top so that it just covers the vegetables.
- bake for 45 minutes. sprinkle the parmesan over top and bake another 15 minutes. the gratin should be bubbling and nicely browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe