If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The twittersphere was all a-twitter over the title of this. The double entendre hadn't honestly occurred to me. In January in Montana a bevy of perfect avocados is a pretty good definition of "getting lucky." And I got very lucky this week. Avocadoes at Costco were just close enough to ripe that after 24 hours they started to reach the just perfect stage. That coincides with finding myself on a serious smoothie kick these days. Besides, aren't avocados something we're all supposed to be eating more of? May you get as lucky as I did! - boulangere
Serves 1, but increase it for more
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 cara orange, suprême
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Healthy pinch of cumin
- Honey or agave nectar, if desired
- This is so worth the effort of cutting a suprême of the orange. It's a frilly French term for basically removing the top and bottom ends of the peel, then removing the rind and pith with a series of curving, vertical cuts, then cutting between the membranes to remove just the orange segments. It gets juice everywhere, and you'll want to be sure you start with a sharp knife. It's worth every step. Your smoothie won't taste like it has pieces of puréed plastic in it. Oh, and be sure to squeeze all the juice out of the membranes right into the blender.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or bowl of a food processor. Turn it on. Purée until completely smooth (obviously). Taste for seasoning. If you like yours a bit on the sweet side, add a drop of honey or agave nectar.
- Pour into a glass. Mine was almost a custardy consistency, which I loved. It slowed me down, made me linger over each marvelous mouthful.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.