If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Having come into a bounty of avocados, I’m furthering my efforts to take them where I’ve never taken them before. This can be served in individual glasses, or increase the proportions and make a pitcherful to serve with brunch.
Makes 2 6-8 ounce glasses
- 6 ounces V8
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 great big lime
- 1/2 avocado
- Generous handful of cilatro
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea or kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cholula, or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 lime wedges
- Salt - fine grind
- Place V8, yogurt, lime zest and juice, avocado, cilantro, coriander (you can use the stems - they’re very tender), and cumin in a blender or the bowl of a food processor. Purée until very smooth.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and as much Cholula as you want (or need).
- Rub the rims of two glasses with the lime wedges, then dip in salt. Carefully pour smoothie into the glasses. Hang a wedge of lime on each one, and serve with extra hot sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.