Author Notes: Having come into a bounty of avocados, I’m furthering my efforts to take them where I’ve never taken them before. This can be served in individual glasses, or increase the proportions and make a pitcherful to serve with brunch.
Makes 2 6-8 ounce glasses
- 6 ounces V8
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 great big lime
- 1/2 avocado
- Generous handful of cilatro
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea or kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cholula, or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 lime wedges
- Salt - fine grind
- Place V8, yogurt, lime zest and juice, avocado, cilantro, coriander (you can use the stems - they’re very tender), and cumin in a blender or the bowl of a food processor. Purée until very smooth.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and as much Cholula as you want (or need).
- Rub the rims of two glasses with the lime wedges, then dip in salt. Carefully pour smoothie into the glasses. Hang a wedge of lime on each one, and serve with extra hot sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe