If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A drop cookie filled with candied peel where you get the crumble of the cookie and the chew of the peel. It's a bright cookie for the Winter. Adapted from the Basic Drop Cookie from King Arthur Flour - Katey501
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups candied peel, orange and lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add butter, sugars, vanilla, salt, zest, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in egg until mixed and smooth.
- Add flour and candied peel and mix until dough comes together.
- You can either drop batter onto baking sheets by the teaspoon (or tablespoon--depending on what size you like), about 1 1/2 inches apart. Or you can form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar and orange juice until sugar is mixed in and you have a thin glaze. With a pastry brush, brush over cookies. It's more of a coating than a glaze and will leave a sheen as opposed to a thick glaze.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe