If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My very good friend Noelle has been vegan since college. When we were roommates, it was personal mission to make food that she would eat. The resolution continues, many years later. For this pudding, I recommend using as high quality cocoa powder as you can find. I use Cacao Berry Brute. You can use the pudding portion of this recipe as a base for vegan frostings- simply whip the pudding for five minutes and then add in all-vegetable shortening until it reaches a consistency you like. - Hilarybee
Serves 2-3 small servings
Vegan Dark Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Soymilk (WestSoy recommended)
- 2/3 cup Raw Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder
Balsamic Macerated Berries
- 1 cup Strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced
- 1/2 cup Red Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Raw Granulated Cane Sugar
- Black Pepper, to taste
- For the pudding, whisk together the soy milk, sugar, flour, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Bring the ingredients to a simmer on medium low heat while whisking continuously. This will take about seven minutes. When the pudding begins to simmer, whisk vigorously and cook for another two minutes- or until the pudding attains a very thick, glossy appearance. Do not turn your back on the pudding! It goes from perfect to burnt in seconds.
- Allow the pudding to come to room temperature, about ten minutes. Meanwhile, combine the berries, balsamic, sugar and a few twists of black pepper in a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- When the pudding is cool, transfer to a non-reactive bowl and place a layer of saran wrap on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for two hours or until ready to serve. For serving, dish out the chocolate pudding, use a slotted spoon to top the pudding with a generous amount of berries.