If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use pancake mix to make pie crust and crumble which is easy and quick to make. For filling, orange custgard cream (also pancake mix is used instead of flour or corn starch). Top with oranges and crumble. - Hidemi
Makes 9 inch pie pan
- 1 1/2 cup Pancake Mix
- 6 tablespoons Butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup 100% Orange Juice
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pancake Mix
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- Peel oranges and section into segments.
- Make crust and crumble. In a bowl, cream 6 tablespoons butter and add 1 1/2 cup pancake mix and 2 tablespoons milk. Mix well. Take 1/3 of dough out and put into another bowl and crumble. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form the rest of 2/3 of dough into a ball, wrap in a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (this is for crust).
- Make Orange Custard Cream. In a sauce pan, combine 2 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix well. Add 3 tablespoons of pancake mix and 1 cup of orange juice little by little. Turn on the heat. Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly until thickens.
- In a bowl, whip whipping cream until stiff peaks are just about to form and add to orange custard cream. Mix until well blended.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove both dough from the refrigerator. Unwrap the dough for crust, roll out on lightly floured surface and place it into 9 inch pie pan with no stick cooking spray. Press the pastry into the pan with fingertips. With knife trim the overhang dough and poke holes in the bottom and side of crust. Place the crumble on a baking dish. Bake both crust and crumble for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- When the crust is baked, and has cooled, pour the orange custard cream into the crust, put oranges and then crumble on top. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe