If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The fragrant long and skinny vanilla bean has the most delicious flavor and is a secret ingredient in many of my favorite recipes. In this dressing the bean gets a starring role. Wonderful with shellfish, seafood and sliced citrus, it is equally fabulous with roasted chicken or pork. It is incredibly fragrant and flavorful. You might be tempted to just try a slug of it! —dymnyno
Makes 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 whole vanilla beans
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (like tellicherry)
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- With a sharp knife, slit open the vanilla bean (don't cut all the way through the bean) and scrape the pulp from the skin.(I usually keep the empty bean skins and throw them into the jar when I shake up the dressing)
- Grind the pepper onto a piece of parchment and measure 3 teaspoons.
- Combine the bean pulp, pepper, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar and oil. Whisk together and pour into a jar. Shake it up again before using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Our Recent Favorite Recipes
Matcha-black sesame cheesecake, waffled grilled cheese, and more
Our recent favorite recipes.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
It's time to travel.
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Put cake on a pedestal.