Author Notes: The citrus sauce on these scallops is my favorite answer to a weeknight dinner because it works with so many proteins and it's quick and easy. I use it on chicken paillards, white fish fillets, scallops, shrimp, and orzo. I love the combination of sweet and tart, and this glaze adds another flavor layer. - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 orange or blood orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley for garnish
- Dry the scallops well with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. This helps to get a nice caramelized crust on the outside. Saute in the olive oil for a couple minutes on each side. Flip when they start to get browned and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the lemon and orange zest and juice and honey. Add to the scallops and let the juices cook down and coat the scallops. Make sure to not overcook the scallops. I like to use a large saute or frying pan so that the juices will cook down quickly.
- Plate the scallops and drizzle with the raspberry-pomegranate glaze. Garnish with some parsley.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and reduce by half. You want it to thicken but still be able to drizzle.
- Optional, but it does make it more elegant- strain the glaze through a sieve to remove the raspberry seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe