Author Notes: This is my favorite salad - any time of year! I order this salad in restaurants often, and used all of the variations to create my own! - Madeleine
- 1 1 - 1.5 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4-6 ounces baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cups goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds (halved toasted walnuts are great too)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss squash with brown sugar and a drizzle of olive oil. 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Make the dressing. Whisk dijon, cider vinegar, shallot, and 1/2 cup of olive oil together. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Toss squash, arugula, cranberries, almonds and dressing together. Top with goat cheese crumbles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad