If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A thick, hearty soup that is just slightly spicy in that wonderful warming kind of way. You can leave out the pepper if you don't want a spicy soup. - Kitchenette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dried California chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 cups chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water + more as needed
- 9 ounces green lentils (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 9 ounces red lentils (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion with a pinch of salt; cook until translucent. Stir in the garlic, parsley, curry powder, and ginger; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 25 minutes. Remove lid and take out the pepper and bay leaf.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finish each serving with a drizzle of olive oil.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.