If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Tangerine Filling And Strawberry Reduction Sauce
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh tangerine juice (about 4 tangerines)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons tangerine zest
- 10 strawberries, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise and scrapped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Oil to coat pan
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Tangerine Filling: In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in tangerine juice, butter and tangerine zest. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and pass through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Transfer to a small jar or airtight container and refrigerate until cool and thicker in texture (will last, refrigerated, for about a week).
- Strawberry Reduction Sauce: Place strawberries, water and 2 tablespoons sugar in a pot on low heat. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes until sauce begins to steam. Turn heat to medium and continue to stir. For a thick sauce (which we want) cook until there is 1/2 inch of sauce in the pot. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Crepes: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt, butter, vanilla bean and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Continue until all 4 crepes are made. Add tangerine filling, dust with confectioners sugar and serve hot with strawberry reduction sauce on side or drizzled on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls