If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sandesh is a very simple dish made from cottage cheese. - PistachioDoughnut
- 2 Oranges peeled and cored, segments
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cottage cheese /Paneer
- 3 tablespoons Khoya also known as Mava, only available at Indian Groceries
- 2.5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ghee or butter
- For the orange filling Heat the sugar in non-stick pan till it melts, add the orange segments and gently toss them in it, making sure that the segments do not break. Keep aside.
- For the sandesh, take grated Cottage cheese , Khoya and sugar and mix well, add a little water if needed and knead it till the mixture becomes smooth. Divide this mixture into 20 equal portions and keep aside.
- Take one portion of the sandesh, place one orange segment on it and cover it with another portion of sandesh. Seal the edges of the sandesh properly so that the orange is sandwiched between them.Use ghee to grease your palms while making rounds, so that the mixture won't stick to your hands. Repeat this process with the remaining 20 portions to make 10 more orange sandesh. Refrigerate for atleast one hour and serve chilled. Garnish the sandesh with grated orange rind. Can be served with ice- cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.