If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: the best snack, or an excellent protein boost for the vegetarians/vegans in your life.'
i eat them all on their own, but they are nice when added to crunchify a salad, or to top a bowl of soup.
flavour combinations can be changed, but this is my ultimate fave.
crunch factor can be increased by roasting for a longer time, however 35 minutes roasting time is my personal preference. —thefood
Serves 1 if you are me, but 4 on average
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (optional, but lovely)
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- drain & rinse chickpeas well in a fine mesh strainer and ensure that all excess water is drained off. pat chickpeas dry on paper towel or clean dish towel and let sit to dry further while you make your marinade.
- combine all other ingredients in a medium bowl.
- add chickpeas to marinade and stir to coat. allow to marinate in refrigerator at least overnight. the longer you let them sit, the more flavour that penetrates the beans. while chickpeas are marinating, give them a quick stir every once in a while to ensure each pea gets it's fair share.
- once beans are marinated and ready to be roasted, preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- pour chickpeas onto baking sheet and spread out evenly. roast for 25-40 minutes, turning a few times during the roasting process.
- the longer you leave the chickpeas in the oven, the crispier an cruncher they will be. i prefer some beans to be crispy yet chewy, and some to be fully crunchy, so i leave mine in for about 35 minutes. cook time is entirely based on your personal preference.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).