If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: inspired by smittenkitchen.com's spaghetti with lemon and olive oil al limone, this pasta spiked my interest with the inclusion of two of my all time fave ingredients...parmesan, and lemon.
i have modified the recipe by swapping scallions or chives for her basil or arugula. i have also upped the lemon, added garlic, increased the cheese quotiant and i am also not picky on pasta type (doesn't have to be spaghetti) or the use of heavy cream. - thefood
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente, drained and set aside note: you can reserve some pasta water for the sauce, but in a pinch, hot water also works.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 3 large lemons, or 4 small lemons
- 1/2 cup whole whole milk or 1/2 and 1/2 (heavy cream also works)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (1/3 cup reserved for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup chives or scallions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- zest lemons (you will however only need 1 tablespoon of zest). juice all lemons and set juice aside.
- in a large dutch oven, add olive oil and garlic and allow to saute just until garlic becomes fragrant.
- add 1/2 & 1/2 or milk, lemon zest and about 1/2 cup water over high heat for about 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- add pasta to pot and stir until well coated. add 3/4 cup of parmesan, lemon juice and toss eveything together to coat. if you so choose, you can add some more pasta water (or just regular hot water) if you want your pasta ro be a bit looser.
- stir in chives or scallions and toss. season with salt and generously with pepper.
- serve immedietely in large bowls and sprinkle each serving with remaining parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.