If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These mini cakes have the same base as my Aunt’s cranberry cake. They taste and smell of citrus. Top them with a dollop of jam for a perfect breakfast or brunch bite, or as an afternoon snack or dessert. I used mini bundt pans, but you could also use a muffin tin. - Cristina Sciarra
Makes 6 individual cakes
- 2 cups white sugar
- zest of 1 orange, lemon and grapefruit
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups orange juice
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup thinly slice almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Using a pastry brush, butter the bundt pans in upward strokes.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar with the zests. Add the eggs and blend. Stir in the orange juice. Pour in the melted butter, whisking vigorously as you do, so the butter does not coagulate.
- Stir in flour, one cup at a time. Add the wheat germ and baking soda, and incorporate.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of sliced almonds into the base of the mini bundt pans, and then pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. (If you are using a muffin tin, check after 20 minutes.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls